[riot-devel] BIN FILES

Joakim NohlgÄrd joakim.nohlgard at eistec.se
Fri Oct 7 15:45:16 CEST 2016

If you want a binary file which is an exact byte-for-byte copy of the
microcontroller ROM you can use objcopy to convert from ELF to raw binary.
The RIOT build system also produces a HEX file for flashing, which is a
plain-text variant of the raw binary.

arm-none-eabi-objcopy -O binary myprog.elf myprog.bin

You will not, however, need any of this manual handling for flashing the
supported boards, `make flash` is all you need.

Best regards,
Joakim