[riot-devel] Soil Moisture Sensor

ALESSANDRO NICOLI alessandro.nicoli at studenti.unipr.it
Tue Oct 11 16:32:22 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I'm trying to use a Soil moisture sensor with a Samr21-xpro and RIOT os.
The sensor used is as follows :

https://www.seeedstudio.com/Grove-Moisture-Sensor-p-955.html

I have *4 soil jars (with different moisture concentrations)* that i'm
gonna use for testing,  i've already tried to get moisture values with *Arduino
Uno* and they seem to be acceptable.
*For both, i used the built in ADC with 10 bits of resolution.*

But when i try to use the samr21, it gets me always 330 as value (10 bits
ADC).
For the SAMR21* i used the default parameters for ADC_0*.

There is a way to rectify the readings, or some kind of calibration to do?

Thanks a lot,
*best regards, *
*Alessandro*