[riot-devel] Notification: Biweekly virtual meeting @ Wed Oct 19, 2016 2pm - 3pm (RIOT Events)

Martine Lenders mail at martine-lenders.eu
Wed Oct 19 15:47:53 CEST 2016

Hi,
find attached the cleaned up version of the minutes of the meeting.
You can find it also in the Wiki [1]. The live notes can be found in
the previously linked etherpad [2].

Cheers,
Martine

========================

Attendees
 * Martine (FU Berlin)
 * Peter (HAW Hamburg)
 * Cenk (HAW Hamburg)
 * Markus Blechschmidt (HAW Hamburg)
 * Emmanuel Baccelli (INRIA)
 * Paco (INRIA)

Minutes
 * Minute takers:
   - Martine
   - Peter

Agenda
 1. Switch-over to Mumble?
 2. 2016.10 Release
 3. Road-map after the release
 4. BLE

# Switch-over to Mumble?
 * At this meeting alone we had several problems so we switched over
to Mumble adhoc
 * Emmanuel will update the wiki page

# 2016.10 Release
 * Martine asks for help in filling the RIOT release projekt tracker [3]
 * Martine will add milestone for the next release (note: done [4])
 * Next release will be managed by HAW (Peter?)
   - Martine will prepare also prepare project for that on GitHub
after the release
 * Martine needs `gnrc_sock` for the Hackathon on Oct 29 [5], so early
review of #5772 [6] (incl. dependencies) would be appreciated

# Road-map after the release
 * Emmanuel, Kaspar and Oleg collected data for a road-map for after
2016.10 for better overview over priorities
 * Will share draft with maintainers for review and editing in the wiki
 * Divided by areas with assigned contacts/steering persons
 * Current assignments are tentative

# BLE
 * Last week: OpenIoT summit (Oleg attended, see mail [7] [note: sadly
only posted to internal steering mailing list :(])
 * Open Source Implementations for BLE out there (e.g MyNewt [8] sadly
of incompatible license, APL)
 * Maybe someone wants to provide a pkg?
 * Another alternative: Zephyr port will come from Nordic (FOSS
version of `nordic_softdevice_ble` package [9])

[1]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/wiki/Virtual-Meeting-on-October-19%2C-2016
[2]: http://www.yourpart.eu/p/riot-2016-10-19-virtual-meeting
[3]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/projects/4
[4]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/milestone/16