[riot-devel] openthread and riot - license issues?

Alexander Aring aar at pengutronix.de
Sat Oct 22 22:49:24 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 10/22/2016 05:11 PM, Martine Lenders wrote:
> Hi Alex,
> we include openthread's source code as a package so as far as we are
> concerned (but we are not lawyers) there is no licensing issue. If you know
> anything different, please let us know!

I am also not a lawyer. I think I got confused because

"WHICH LICENSES MAY NOT BE INCLUDED WITHIN APACHE PRODUCTS?"

from [0]. But RIOT is not an "APACHE PRODUCT"... , :-)

but then I still don't get something - there was a discussion about
jerryscript in RIOT at riot-summit. Jerryscript is also apache license
and the discussion was about license issues between jerryscript and RIOT.

I don't see a difference here now. Maybe somebody knows more? :-/

- Alex

[0] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html