[riot-devel] openthread and riot - license issues?

MATTIA ANTONINI mattia.antonini1 at studenti.unipr.it
Mon Oct 24 09:43:30 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I have the same problem (I'm preparing the IoTivity Pkg) and I asked to
Emmanuel how can I solve it. He answered:

- any code destined (PRed) to be included in RIOT master should be LGPLv2.1
- any code that is not destined to go into RIOT master follows other
applicable license policy

The OpenThread RIOT Pkg is composed by Makefiles and some code released
under  LGPLv2.1 license. The OT code is downloaded during the compilation
phase. I guess there is not any license issue because the PRed code is
compliant with the RIOT license.

Have a nice day,

Mattia