[riot-devel] Release 2016.10 - One more day

Martine Lenders mlenders at riot-os.org
Mon Oct 31 19:51:06 CET 2016

Dear release-sprinting IoTlers,
the feature freeze is upon us, but there are still 17 PRs open (9 of
those non-bugfixes, one is just waiting for Murdock to finish).
Because of those 9 I move the feature freeze to tomorrow 5pm
(2016-01-01 17:00 +0100). But everything that isn't merged by then
will not make it into the release. As usual during a feature freeze
the bugfixes can also be merged, but a backport to the release branch
needs to be provided.

Any feature PRs that get merged before the feature freeze that is not
currently marked for the release will of course also be part of the
release, but I urge both contributors and maintainers to focus on the
9 feature PRs marked tomorrow.

Happy hacking,
Martine

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+milestone%3A%22Release+2016.10%22