[riot-devel] Fwd: RIOT - CC26x0 Port ready-ness

Michael Frey frey at informatik.hu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 6 12:57:43 CEST 2016

Hi,

Am Di, 6.09.2016, 12:17, schrieb Darren Bainbridge:

> I have started looking at the different repos for C26x0.
> Who is or owns the SWIE-IO repo. when reading the main RIOT wiki it's not

The repositories are owned by Swissmic [1], a swiss startup.

> mentioned as a C26x0 development branch also it looks quite advanced.

The original work was started by Leon George, a student at FUB (afair).
Florent-Valéry Coen contributed the radio code - particularly BLE. Florent
was also with SWIE, but left at the end of July for his master thesis.
Nicholas C. Jackson provided support for the programmer/debugger. I don't
know if Nicholas is doing this in his spare time or if he is with a
company/university. At least that's my understanding. If I missed to
mention somebody I'm really sorry!

Providing support for CC26x0 is part of Leons thesis and hence, he "owns"
the pull request. Florent and I decided to work on one repository (the
swie repository) in different branches. The idea was to create a new
branch which would include the feature branches we were working on and
open pull requests from that particular branch.

However, since we both don't work at SWIE anymore we probably need another
place to clean up the code and contribute to it. The easiest way is
probably that I'm fetching the old branch, clean it up and commit to the
PR branch (iff features are working). But I'm open for other suggestions!

Best,
 Michael

[1] https://www.swie.io/
--