[riot-devel] nrf52, nordic soft device and riot-os

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Thu Sep 8 11:34:11 CEST 2016

Hi Robert,

On 09/08/2016 07:40 AM, Robert Hazbun wrote:
> I'm currently trying to use RIOT-OS with the Nordic SDK Softdevice S132.

I assume you're not targeting the nrf52dk?

> Unfortunately, when trying to use the shell, the moment that I type
> anything into the shell and hit 'enter', I get a hard fault. Seen here:

Does it work in the examples (e.g., gnrc_networking)?

> If I do not hit "enter" in the shell, the application / test code
> continues to run (albeit most of the code is sitting idle except for the
> isr that is manipulating the led).

Are you using pyterm? (pyterm buffers serial input until enter is
pressed). If yes, please try another terminal emulator and confirm that
the first serial input character leads to the crash.

> I'm looking for suggestions on what else to check. Help is appreciated.

How I love debugging blobs. ;)

Kaspar