[riot-devel] Netdev2 State changes

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Tue Sep 13 09:23:18 CEST 2016

Hi Neo,

there might be code snippets that actively wait for a state transition,
but AFAIK not in the netdev part any more. Then there is interrupt
handling which signals tx/rx start/end points to the upper layer. Of
course you can't implement anything once it's not available on the
device. The great thing about netdev is that it's pretty generic and you
don't *need* to implement every function/message/interrupt/state
change/whatsoever to get the device running.

But looking at the data sheet I stumbled upon the RFSTATE register which
signals the following (useful) sates:

111 = RTSEL2
110 = RTSEL1
101 = RX
100 = TX
011 = CALVCO
010 = SLEEP
001 = CALFIL
000 = RESET

In addition there is the INTSTAT register which seems somehow similar to
the Atmel radio. Where exactly did you stuck? Could you be a more precise?

Best
Peter