[riot-devel] Netdev2 State changes

Neo neo at nenaco.de
Tue Sep 13 22:15:51 CEST 2016

Hello Peter,
shure - in the datasheet you find this RFSTATE, but it is not really
helpful. RTSEL1 and RTSEL2 are not described at all. The CALVCO and
CALFIL show Calibration States, so the only useful states seems to be
RX, TX, SLEEP and RESET. But every code I have seen up to know uses the
RX State during receive and transmit. I tried to monitor this register
to see if the TX state is visible during transmitting packets, but no
success. The state field shows only RX.
I tried to force the chip to show TX state by setting bit-1 of RFCTL
register (RFTXMODE). No success - the chip stucks.
So for me it looks like the RFSTATE register is useless, except the
detection of reset and sleep.
The driver is able to transmit packet without auto-retransmission.
I have at the moment the problem to distinguish the phases of
transmission or reception inside the interrupt service routine (_isr)
and to set the correct netdev2 states if I configure the system to use
auto-retries and auto-acknowledgement.

Regards,
Neo