[riot-devel] xtimer and lower core/bus frequency in low power mode

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Tue Sep 13 22:57:44 CEST 2016

Hi!

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 05:50:06PM -0700, Michael Andersen wrote:
> imho, xtimer should be implemented off the lowest power timer. I don't know
> that MCU that well but there is usually some kind of RTC timer or systick
> that runs even in the lowest power sleep mode, at the same frequency all
> the time.

Yes, it's the idea of xtimer to make use of the lowest power timer, however,
this hasn't been implemented as far as I know. Probably, Kaspar or Joakim
could shed some more light on the implementation status. Particular about the
support for frequencies below 1MHz.

The bad thing about HTML DOM jokes is that everyone has their own
interpretations, so you have to tell them 9000 different ways.