[riot-devel] GNRC_NETWORKING

smlng s at mlng.net
Wed Sep 21 14:50:31 CEST 2016

Hi Ilias,

you removed the shell, and doing so you also removed the main loop. So basically your program hits return 0 and terminates - which likely happens very fast after reboot. With this the RIOT-Kernel, network stack and everything stops working, so no logic remains to answer any pings or so.

I don't know what your goal is, but if you look at the microcoap example here [0] (line 44-47), you'll see it does the same: no shell and it has this _netif_config line, too. But instead of hitting return 0 it enters `microcoap_server_loop()` which keeps running forever.

Best,
 Sebastian

[0]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/examples/microcoap_server/main.c