[riot-devel] RFC: removal of Travis config and scripts, PR #5855

smlng s at mlng.net
Tue Sep 27 11:11:12 CEST 2016

Dear RIOT-Developers,

as most of you know, we switched from Travis to Murdock as the _official_ RIOT-CI a while ago. However, legacy scripts and configuration files for Travis are still around in the latest RIOT master branch - but with time passing by these will get (or already are) outdated. PR #5855 [1] is an attempt to remove all Travis related files and migrate whats necessary to Murdock.

CAVEAT: such decision will affect those of you who use Travis-CI for their private RIOT fork. Thus, please add your comment and/or opinion on that matter to the discussion in #5855. If Travis is not required anymore, we may safely remove related files. On the other hand, if Travis is still used, we can close #5855 but also need volunteers to maintain Travis' config and scripts.

Note: as an alternative RIOT currently provides a Drone-CI configuration [2,3], too - added (and maintained?) by @gebart.

Best,
  Sebastian

[1]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/5855