[riot-devel] download.riot-os.org down

Oleg Hahm oliver.hahm at inria.fr
Fri Sep 30 22:40:23 CEST 2016

Hey Jeff!

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 09:26:07PM +0200, JF Bortolotti wrote:
> It seems that a file was lost from download.riot-os.org.
>
> See PR : https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/5895
> Comment from miri64:
> Seems like i586-newlib_2.2.0.20150623_tlsf-3337.tar.bz2 disappeared from
> http://download.riot-os.org/ :-/. @Kijewski <https://github.com/Kijewski>
> do you still have a copy?

In fact, the original web server hosting download.riot-os.org is still down
and thus we decided to direct the domain temporarily to Kaspar's private
server. However, since we cannot reach the original server and nobody seems to
have a copy of the mentioned file, we still have a problem.

Hence, I see three options:
1.) We wait and pray for the original server to come up again soon.
2.) We hope that anyone still have a copy of this file.
3.) We rebuild newlib patched accordingly and upload to the "new" location.

> Anychance to get this file back and thus the CI ?

Well, actually another option would be to temporarily exclude x86 from the CI
server scripts.

Everyone gets a broadcast joke