[riot-devel] [RIOT][xTimer] Question about xtimer implementation.

Minh Phuong Dang phuongminh.dang at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 16:40:49 CEST 2017

Hello,

My name is Phuong. Glad to know you.

I'm a RIOT newbie, I'm porting RIOT to ARM Cortex-A9 platform and
everything seem to be OK such as context switching, interrupt, initialize
and execute threads... However, I'm stuck at xtimer implementation.

The CPU has 32bit timers/counters and it has countdown mode only. When the
timer reaches zero it generates timer interrupt request to the CPU. I
reference to another platforms porting which are implemented count up timer
mode only.

I do not really understand how does xtimer module work, would you please
show me how to implement for countdown timer case ?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Phuong Dang