[riot-devel] Neighborhood detection - some general questions

Neo neo at nenaco.de
Thu Apr 6 12:59:35 CEST 2017

Hello RIOT'ers,

I'm using RIOT with fixed IP-Addresses up to now. How can I invoke

neighborhood detection and what is the functionality behind this

feature? What is used to distinguish between border-routers in the near
area?

The goal is to use the nearest border-router - is it the field-strength

which is used to detect the nearest border-router?

Sorry for this question but I'm not so deep in the materia about 6LoWPAN ;-)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Neo