[riot-devel] waspmote + xbee + shell

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Tue Apr 11 12:03:57 CEST 2017

Hi François,

you could first try the below, assuming you have some other board with
802.15.4 lying around (e.g. a SAMR21):
- use gnrc_minimal on your waspmote
- compile/flash/term the gnrc_networking example on the other board
- ping6 on the board running the gnrc_networking example to check that
connectivity is there.

Once you are this works, you could try to use a slightly modified
gnrc_minimal example adding an automatic call to ping on one waspmote the
address of the other waspmote (I suppose you could do that
with _icmpv6_ping which is what the ping6 shell command).

(Note: The shell takes some memory, so on the waspmote where the memory is
very tight, it is not a perspective to activate it together with the
network stack).

My 2c.

Cheers,

Emmanuel