[riot-devel] Reorganization of Cortex-M build test MCU groups

smlng s at mlng.net
Fri Apr 21 19:14:41 CEST 2017

Dear Joakim,
and all,

I think with Murdock 2 the MCU build groups are getting obsolete anyway (right Kaspar?). In Murdock 2 every (sub) tasks/jobs is very small, i.e., single app for distinct boards - but hence lots of them.

Though, there is no need to reorganise the existing groups right away, it might be worth (re)considering if we can reduce the overall number of sub tasks per build to speed up build times and omit redundant tests. We had a very similar idea to yours while testing with Jenkins: namely to pick a representative board per vendor/MCU and only test that one. Assuming that all similar boards will fail or succeed, too. For instance, as you suggested choose one nucleo for L0, L1, F0, F1, and so on - or one Cortex-M0, ..., M3.

Best,
  Sebastian