[riot-devel] Reorganization of Cortex-M build test MCU groups

smlng s at mlng.net
Mon Apr 24 10:00:09 CEST 2017

Hi Joakim, Kaspar, and all,
> Am 24.04.2017 um 09:52 schrieb Joakim NohlgÄrd <joakim.nohlgard at eistec.se>:
>
>> That way we could use our buildtests like:
>>
>>    $ make buildtest TAGS=msp430
>>
>> or even
>>
>>    $ make buildtest TAGEXPR="cortex-m0 and nucleo"
>>
>> It might be that this is equivalent to what we now call "features". ;)
>
> A good idea, we could introduce just introduce more features and wire
> the features_required checks to be available from the command line.
> `make buildtest TAGS=kinetis`
> would be very useful while working on periph drivers.

+1, for the general idea, but lets stick with FEATURE then.

As Kaspar pointed out, we already have (and use) FEATURES, e.g., `arduino`. So IMHO it makes no sense to introduce another collection (or list) of things with a very similar concept under the name of TAGS.

Best,

 Sebastian

[mail]: s at mlng.net
[code]: https://github.com/smlng