[riot-devel] RIOT Research Seminar: a short report
Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Fri Apr 28 12:26:38 CEST 2017
there was a seminar organized earlier this month in Paris. The goal of that
seminar was to gather various research teams working (or considering to
work) around RIOT at Inria.
The agenda + slides are available at http://riot-os.org/seminar-2017.html
Some synopsis/highlights below:
- Securing IoT is important now. (see slides from C. Bormann)
- Formally verified open source IoT software is desirable and some is
already available today (see slides from K. Bhargavan)
- Public key crypto is the hardest part of IoT crypto, but significant
performance improvements are on the horizon (see slides from B. Smith)
- Industrial IoT deployments are already happening. (see slides from T.
- Object security, and content-centric networking can be used for security.
(see slides from M. Enguehard)
- Need public experimental infrastructure & open data for IoT. (see slides
from E. Fleury)
- Large open source project need tools/languages to (i) flexibly express
how code should be and (ii) automate code transformation (see slides from
- OS adaptation and programming abstractions are needed for intermittently
powered IoT devices, and peripherals restoration is the hard part (see
slides from G. Salagnac)
- IoT software components and component dynamic updates are desirable. (see
slides from J. Bourcier)
If you have comments or questions, just ask here and/or contact the authors
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the devel