[riot-devel] Regarding RIOT joining EdgeX Foundry

Oleg Hahm oleg at riot-os.org
Sat Apr 29 08:41:01 CEST 2017

Hi Aaron, hi Thomas!

Thanks for sparking this discussion and sharing your thoughts about this
topic!

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 11:03:03AM +1200, Aaron Sowry wrote:

> > I think this is a good idea, forming a special interest group a.k.a task
> > force gathering people having time to spare to invest in EdgeX, reporting
> > back to the community as we used to do for technical topics.
>
> I think a task force would at least fulfill the desire to "keep an eye
> on the results" as you say, and would probably be a positive thing to
> have regardless of how much involvement RIOT decides to have in EdgeX.

I very much like the idea of joining the EdgeX Foundry with some kind of trial
period in mind having a group of people committed to monitor this period and
the general alignment between RIOT's goals and the direction EdgeX is taking.

Unix is user friendly... its just selective about who its friends are.