[riot-devel] Mailserver issues

Koen Zandberg koen at bergzand.net
Fri Aug 11 16:16:41 CEST 2017

Hello,

On 08/11/2017 03:49 PM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> Hello.
>
> On 08/11/2017 02:03 PM, Oleg Hahm wrote:
>> Hey Adam!
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer. That's definitely something we should consider.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Oleg
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 04:52:05AM -0700, Adam Hunt wrote:
>>> I was going to suggest that you might talk to the Oregon State
>>> University Open Source Lab (http://osuosl.org). OSUOSL offers free
>>> hosting, email, VMs, colocation, FTP, backup, etc. (both managed and
>>> unmanaged) to open source projects. I can't speak to what type of
>>> computing power they offer but I know they've been working to stand up
>>> an OpenStack cluster they may be able to help out with CI or in other
>>> ways.
>
> They also offer to host a server of your own. We do that for the
> Enlightenment project for several years now. Their connectivity and
> general admin service has worked very well for us.
>
> We have a beefy server there hosting our own tons of git repos, web
> services, downloads, CI, etc. I don't think there is any bandwidth
> limitation or such. All in all a really nice service from them to the
> open source communities.
>
> If it is something interesting for RIOT I have no idea but if you are
> looking for something in that regard it is surely worth talking to them.
>
> regards
> Stefan Schmidt

To offer an alternative, I can offer the services of Studenten Net
Twente[1]. Studenten Net Twente is a student associations of the
University of Twente aimed at providing IT services. We have a history
of supporting open source projects by offering FTP space and/or
colocation services for free.

As we use RIOT-os for an internal project, we'd love to return something
to the project. If a host for CI or other services is needed, I can see
if I can get a virtual machine or some real hardware available for
RIOT-os infrastructure.

Regards,
Koen Zandberg

1. http://www.snt.utwente.nl/en/index.php