[riot-devel] Mailserver issues

Michael Andersen michael at steelcode.com
Mon Aug 14 18:36:40 CEST 2017

Lambda is actually pretty flexible.

You can do anything that takes less that 300 seconds, so that is ok. The
biggest thing that I like is that you pay only for the time spent servicing
requests, but the lambda actually persists between requests (for free) so
you can store data on the hard drive (up to 500MB) and you can keep data in
memory. The only caveat is that AWS can remove that whenever they want, but
in my experiments it lasts several hours. So for the CI use case I would
basically configure the lambda image to contain a recent-ish workdir, then
update it in the invocation (so if it being reused the update will be a
noop).

So yeah, totally agree that you need caching, but actually it does that,
they just don't advertise it much.