[riot-devel] Atxmega Port with RIOT OS - Where to put abundance of new driver features?

Madison McCarthy m.madison.mccarthy at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 22:04:03 CET 2017

Hi Everyone,

I'm nearing completion of a port for RIOT OS to the ATxmega family of
devices (targeting the atxmega128). The Atxmega is feature rich when
contrasted against the Atmega counterpart which I am using as a porting
guideline.

1) Since I would like to contribute my port to the git repository, how
should I go about implementing new CPU features not found in the core RIOT
OS functionality (enhanced TWI, USART, etc.)?

2) How should I implement the addition of both Master and Slave
functionality to my peripheral interfaces?

3) How should I go about adding interrupt functionality for these
peripherals?

Currently I am just smashing these extra features right into the driver's
.C files as I am trying to preserve the OS-Core files.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Madison McCarthy