[riot-devel] Whether RIOT can achieve wireless ICN communication

Emmanuel Baccelli Emmanuel.Baccelli at inria.fr
Tue Dec 12 11:10:11 CET 2017

Hi there,

RIOT supports CCN-lite and NDN stacks, which are both offering ICN
capabilities over low-power wireless networks as demonstrated in [1][2][3]
among others.

For preliminary instructions/tutorial on how to use these stacks see [4]
[5].

The boards supported by RIOT are listed there [6]. Obviously, pick a board
that has a radio.
For starters you could use open access testbeds such as IoT-lab [7] [8].

Cheers,

Emmanuel

[1] https://arxiv.org/pdf/1406.6608.pdf
[2] https://named-data.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ndn-
0043-2-ndn-riot.pdf
[3] https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/768f/ead874324f3d1d5179ce42ad5b8c80
7710b8.pdf
[4] see task 8 in https://github.com/RIOT-OS/Tutorials
[5] https://github.com/named-data-iot/ndn-riot
[6] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/master/boards
[7] https://www.iot-lab.info
[8] https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Emmanuel_Baccelli/
publication/282667659_FIT_IoT-LAB_A_large_scale_open_
experimental_IoT_testbed/links/569d138608ae78356e563f23.pdf