[riot-devel] Support for MSP430X

Wilbert Jethro Limjoco wrlimjoco at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 15:23:26 CEST 2017

Hello everyone,

My research team is interested in porting RIOT OS to MSPSim for our
research on RPL. Because of our need to use a device with more RAM and
flash memory, we have chosen to port it for the MSP430 EXP5438 board
because that is the only board that meets our specifications.

We used the latest MSP430-GCC compiler provided by SOMNIUM (version 5.0.0)
to compile RIOT. Unfortunately, we have encountered some problems. So far,
we made RIOT work with threads, SPI, and UART. However, we are now stuck
with making ISRs work since the program calls an illegal PC on ISR entry
(0xFFFF).

Is there anyone who did the same thing and may have code to share with us?

--
Wilbert Jethro R. Limjoco
2009-52731