[riot-devel] usb-serial support on RIOT for radino32

Joakim NohlgÄrd joakim.nohlgard at eistec.se
Sat Jul 22 05:28:07 CEST 2017

Dear Shengrong,
There is currently no USB stack in RIOT. There was an attempt to add one a
while ago, but it was never finished. See
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/3890 for the last work in progress.
Adding USB support would be a welcome feature, and I guess a vendor library
can be a useful starting point. However, care needs to be taken to ensure
that the API is suitable for any platform, so that we can use it for any
other USB capable MCU in the future. It should also conform in general with
the RIOT API design. I did not look at the ST USB library, so I can't say
if it is a suitable API for mainline RIOT.
Also note that any code that should be accepted into the RIOT main
repository needs to be LGPL compatible, and that GPL is not accepted.
Feel free to open a PR with your work in progress if you want any comments
on your approach, it does not have to be code ready for merging or even
compile.

Best regards,
Joakim