[riot-devel] netdev2 is now netdev

Martine Lenders mlenders at riot-os.org
Wed Mar 15 11:46:47 CET 2017

Hi,
with the last network device based on gnrc_netdev removed we were now able
to rename netdev2 to netdev [1], which is now the only (network stack
independent) API to access a network device.

The only pitfall that might be a problem I was able to identify when
porting is that the adaption layer to GNRC `gnrc_netdev2` is now called
`gnrc_netdev`. So if you still include `sys/include/net/gnrc/netdev.h`
somewhere make sure to remove it or replace it with an include of
`drivers/include/net/netdev.h`.

If you still have some network device that is implemented against the
`gnrc_netdev` that is currently not in master, please port to `netdev2` as
soon as possible.

Cheers,
Martine