[riot-devel] Images

Hauke Petersen hauke.petersen at fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 15 17:51:12 CET 2017

Hi Ilias,

in general this should be well possible. But of course it depends on
some factors, e.g. the network/link layer technology used (e.g. limited
throughput of IEEE802.15.4), the camera interface, the image
resolution/size, and of course the timing requirements.

As of know, RIOT does not support any camera module. So you would need
to implement some device driver(s) for the module of choice. Also there
is no USB support in RIOT (yet), so this would also need to be addressed
when you want to use USB cameras.

However, on first sight it seems to me, that there are quite some simple
i2C and SPI camera modules on the market, for which it should be easy to
write/port a driver to RIOT.

Cheers,
Hauke