[riot-devel] Auto init in OpenThread

Jose Alamos jialamos at uc.cl
Wed May 3 00:27:27 CEST 2017

Dear RIOTers,

I'm currently finishing the OpenThread port (#5552).
The implementation is radio independent via netdev, but requires the driver
setup function to be called before passing the netdev pointer to the
OpenThread contrib (check what I'm doing atm in [1]).

The auto_init_xxxx functions like [2] do exactly that, but call gnrc_netdev
related functions instead of OpenThread related functions.

What's your opinion on how to deal with this? (e.g #ifdef MODULE_OPENTHREAD
in auto_init_xxxx file?)

Jose

[1]:
https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/5552/files#diff-97be33bc304ff9c4bd5b5efe9e9fa8c1R122