[riot-devel] Auto init in OpenThread

Martine Lenders mail at martine-lenders.eu
Wed May 3 08:30:06 CEST 2017

Hi Jose,
that is exactly the same problem Shugou currently has with lwMAC [1] and I
had when porting lwIP and emb6.
When we originally wrote the auto-initialization we had cases like this
(different stacks, different MAC protocols) in mind, but refrained from
providing a solution since it simply wasn't needed at the time. So I guess
the time to come together and come up with a solution is now, unless we
want to let auto_init_xxxx become our next sys/transceiver [2] ;-).

Cheers,
Martine

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/6554#discussion_r113234821
[2]