[riot-devel] RIOT Package

Cenk Gündoğan list-riot at cgundogan.de
Wed May 17 11:20:57 CEST 2017

Hi Baptiste, Oleg,

On 17-05-17 11:07:25, Oleg Hahm wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 10:21:45AM +0200, Baptiste Clenet wrote:
> > I see! Very interesting feature and I really think it should be
> > enabled by default! What's your opinion?
>
> Not sure what you mean. The feature is enabled by default, the only thing you
> need to do is to add git-cache to your $PATH.

That's not necessary. RIOT's build system looks explicitly in
`dist/tools/git` for `git-cache`. However, it is necessary to initialize
`git-cache` once with `$RIOT/dist/tools/git/git-cache init`. This will
create an empty bare git reposiroty in $HOME that is used to cache
the necessary git objects.

Cheers,
Cenk