[riot-devel] Support for cc3200

Martine Lenders m.lenders at fu-berlin.de
Fri May 19 16:56:22 CEST 2017

Hi Markus,
I don't know about the library (usually try not to include vendor library,
due to licensing issues on the one hand side and since they aren't in many
cases the most optimal solutions size-wise, on the other), but it is
basically up to you which API you would use as a wrapper. sock is our
high-level API networking, so you basically just have to implement the API
around the device driver. However, for sock there is already a wrapper
around NETAPI. So if you choose NETAPI you would not need to implement it.
NETAPI is the internal inter-modular API of our network stack, so it is a
little bit more complicated to implement, but it would basically allow for
dual-stack operation if you do so. On the matter of where to place the
latter: You would need to make it a handler for GNRC_NETTYPE_UDP or
GNRC_NETTYPE_TCP, respectively.

Cheers,
Martine