[riot-devel] lorawan in riot

Peter Kietzmann peter.kietzmann at haw-hamburg.de
Wed May 31 12:23:55 CEST 2017

Hi Arun,

as already stated off-list: welcome to RIOT! Happy to see more interest
on that topic. There is a WIP PR for LoRaWAN

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/6645

*but* we still didn't merge the Semtech drivers, even though we are
close before IMO. In case you want to contribute it would be great to
get more testers for the drivers at first

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/6797

and then switch to the LoRaWAN development. Regarding hardware I guess
SX1276MB1MAS is a good choice. The driver does also support SX1272
devices so the P-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 shield by ST might be a cheaper solution.
There are also several custom replica around which are way cheaper.

Best
Peter