[riot-devel] Updates to the build system - modules definition

Martine Lenders mail at martine-lenders.eu
Fri Nov 24 16:55:05 CET 2017

Hi Daniel,

> […]
>
> 1) Move build information concerning a particular module into that
> module's Makefile
> 2) Make the module makefiles able to be written with purely declarative
> language
> 3) Retain backwards compatibility with the current build system

 I don't think it is possible this way and I don't think that's what Gaëtan
meant. Makefiles demand to be in make's language, so you can't just make up
your own declarative language in them. You could however use some
declaritive language files like json or yaml and generate Makefiles from
them (or let make parse them).

Cheers,
Martine