[riot-devel] Open source best practices - Presentation

Daniel Petry daniel.petry at fu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 29 14:42:35 CET 2017

Hi all

I'm doing a presentation next Friday on open source best practices. As a
newcomer in open source development, it was something I was interested
in, and I thought it would help by informing future discussions on the
way we do things as well.

I was wondering if anyone had any input to make the presentation more
useful?

Specifically:

- Can you think of any case studies of prominent open source projects
that are like RIOT, and have either succeeded or failed in a
particularly notable manner?
- Do you know of any particularly prominent studies or other literature
on the subject, maybe which have analysed successes/failures and the
reason for them over a large number of projects?
- Do you have any suggestions for topics/areas of focus that would be
particularly relevant to RIOT, and for what reason would the area of
focus be relevant?
- Is there anyone on other sites who would be interested in this
presentation, and what tech do we usually use for live cross-site
presentations if so?

Many thanks,

Dan.