[riot-devel] 6lowpan Host with SLAAC, minimum ram footprint

Kaspar Schleiser kaspar at schleiser.de
Thu Nov 30 22:08:01 CET 2017

Hi Josua,

On 11/30/2017 04:17 PM, Arndt, Josua wrote:
> I have ported Riot OS to the atmega256rfr2 and the gnrc_network example
> works as expected.
>
> Now I want to reduce the RAM  footprint to a minimum would need some
> advice how to proceed.

I have a branch in [1] that tries to disable as much as possible in
order to make tests/minimal smaller. Most of it won't be of much use as
you're using gnrc, but maybe you find some inspiration.

Some ideas:

- reduce the number of allowed threads and priority levels to exactly
what you need
- disable all stdio (see also [2])
- compile with LTO=1

Kaspar