[riot-devel] Need some orientation about using vendor SDK when porting MCU

Cristiano GaviĆ£o cvgaviao at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 13:47:43 CEST 2017

Hello Riot Devs,

As I have written before, I would like to use Riot in my 6lowPan project
that is using CC1310 and CC1350 MCU.

No long ago, Texas Instruments have separated its common provided SDK
into CC13XXWARE and CC26XXWARE. Currently there are many code that are
still equals, but I did a file to file compare using Meld and found
significant differences between some of them (9 files).

What I heard was that in the next MCUs versions (CC1312 and CC1352) more
differences will come...

Besides that, those MCU have written in they ROM the most used SDK's
driverlib binaries. So using the binaries instead flash them can give us
more space for the applications.

So I would like to use headers and driverlib from CC13XXWARE in a best
way that would fit in Riot and also facilitate maintenance when new
updated come.

Would like to hear suggestion about what would be the best approach to
work on this.

thanks for any comment,

Cristiano