[riot-devel] Gnrc Router Solicitation Messages (Thomas C. Schmidt)

smlng s at mlng.net
Mon Oct 30 14:27:23 CET 2017

Hi Francisco,

> On 30. Oct 2017, at 14:21, Francisco Molina <francisco.molina at inria.cl> wrote:
>
> It's not really that i wan't to change the interval. The thing is my node goes into deep sleep and to be battery efficient I need Router Solicitation Messages to go out as soon as it wakes up, which is not happening with gnrc default set-up. That's why I was asking how I can trigger one in the cleanest way. Cheers,

Actually, you shouldn't need to trigger a RS explicitly. This should happen
automatically within RIOT, i.e., send an RS whenever a link gets ready, which
also applies to wake up from sleep. Hence, (IMHO) this needs to be fixed in
the network stack.

@miri64 might know the right place? Anyhow, if not already done: please open
an issue addressing and describing this issue, so we have it officially and
trackable.

Best,
  Sebastian