[riot-devel] Process of documentation for a new RIOT-OS port

Gunar Schorcht gunar at schorcht.net
Wed Apr 11 17:40:07 CEST 2018

Hi there,

today I provided a pull request for my port of RIOT-OS to ESP8266.

Now the question is, whether I should already start to document it in
the wiki or to wait until it is merged.

Even though I documented on how to install the tool chain and how to use
ESP8266 in a README.md file in the cpu/esp8266 directory, my
understanding is that it is usually documented board-wise in the wiki.

Regards
Gunar

--
Wenn du laufen willst, lauf eine Meile. Wenn du ein neues Leben
kennenlernen willst, dann lauf Marathon. (Emil Zatopek)