[riot-devel] 2018.01 Feature Freeze

smlng s at mlng.net
Fri Jan 19 21:42:29 CET 2018

Dear RIOTers,

as of today we are are in feature freeze for the upcoming 1st RIOT release of the year 2018!
A corresponding release branch is created [1] and with it the release candidate one (RC1) [2].
We are right on schedule, the targeted release date for 2018.01 is January, 31st (the day after
the 1st Hack'n'Ack in 2018).

To track and coordinate the release testing efforts, we use an issue in the usual repository
`RIOT-OS/Release-Specs` [3]. Any help on that is very much appreciated, please add your name
or Github handle to any test group or task you want to treat.

Happy testing and keep on RIOTing ...

Best,
 Sebastian

[1]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/2018.01-branch