[riot-devel] 2018.01 RC2 testing

smlng s at mlng.net
Sun Jan 28 18:59:05 CET 2018

Dear RIOTers,

after several bug fixes are back ported, we move on to Release Candidate Two (RC2) [1].
Hence, testing starts all over, progressed is track in a corresponding issue [2]. Again,
any help on this is much appreciated - not all tests were finished for RC1, i.e. network
and interop tests need more attention, first.

Keep on testing and RIOTing ...

Cheers,
  Sebastian

[1]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/releases/tag/2018.01-RC2
[2]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/Release-Specs/issues/58

> Am 19.01.2018 um 21:42 schrieb smlng <s at mlng.net>:
>
> Dear RIOTers,
>
> as of today we are are in feature freeze for the upcoming 1st RIOT release of the year 2018!
> A corresponding release branch is created [1] and with it the release candidate one (RC1) [2].
> We are right on schedule, the targeted release date for 2018.01 is January, 31st (the day after
> the 1st Hack'n'Ack in 2018).
>
> To track and coordinate the release testing efforts, we use an issue in the usual repository
> `RIOT-OS/Release-Specs` [3]. Any help on that is very much appreciated, please add your name
> or Github handle to any test group or task you want to treat.
>
> Happy testing and keep on RIOTing ...
>
> Best,
> Sebastian
>
> [1]: https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/tree/2018.01-branch