[riot-devel] Transmission distance. Power profiler

Janna Om Janna_OM at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:34:29 CEST 2018

Thank You all for Your help!
The information was very helpful.
With best regards,
Janna

________________________________
From: devel <devel-bounces at riot-os.org> on behalf of Gaëtan Harter <gaetan.harter at fu-berlin.de>
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:44 PM
To: devel at riot-os.org
Subject: Re: [riot-devel] Transmission distance. Power profiler

Hi Janna,

just in case, note that the examples you gave in the iot-lab wiki were written for the iot-lab nodes port for Contiki.
So will not directly apply to RIOT for the macro names.

I understand that you can need both limiting power and increasing the threshold when you want to have a lower connectivity with the hardware deployment in IoT-LAB.

The "set_rssi_threshold" is currently not implemented in RIOT, but you could easily do it yourself (and do a PR maybe :))

The code I wrote in openlab was this one

https://github.com/iot-lab/openlab/commit/e1b7709b45d0fc926a15864e75081fbdd66c98fa
[https://avatars2.githubusercontent.com/u/241401?s=200&v=4]<https://github.com/iot-lab/openlab/commit/e1b7709b45d0fc926a15864e75081fbdd66c98fa>

Add packet reception rssi threshold values · iot-lab/openlab at e1b7709<https://github.com/iot-lab/openlab/commit/e1b7709b45d0fc926a15864e75081fbdd66c98fa>
github.com
Add the values of packet reception RSSI threshold. Should be used for configuring 'RX_PDT_LEVEL' in 'RX_SYN' register. It allows discarding packets that have a too low signal stren...

https://github.com/iot-lab/openlab/commit/453b5205016cf508ee0bb1826f1a0cf31b13a096

And it could be adapted by using RIOT at86rf2xx API like:

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/drivers/at86rf2xx/at86rf2xx.c#L181-L183

>From looking in the other at86rfxx drivers datasheets the configuration is the same but with different values for RSSI configuration

* at86rf231 page 103 http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/doc8111.pdf

* at86rf212b page 120 http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/Atmel-42002-MCU_Wireless-AT86RF212B_Datasheet.pdf

* at86rf233 page 113 http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/Atmel-8351-MCU_Wireless-AT86RF233_Datasheet.pdf

So the threshold definitions should be enclosed in the header with `#if  MODULE_AT86RF231`.

Regards,

Gaëtan