[riot-devel] IPSEC/IKEv2

Baptiste Clenet bapclenet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 09:15:30 CEST 2018

Hi Tobias,
Great to hear that ESP is getting ported as well as G-IKEv2 and Diet-ESP.
A good Iot µOS must provide security features

I would like to contribute to the port of ESP. Could you create a WIP
merge request or a branch on a repo so I can see status of port and
test.

Have you thought about using an external library?

Cheers,

Le mer. 4 juil. 2018 à 14:50, Tobias Guggemos <guggemos at nm.ifi.lmu.de> a écrit :

> Hey
>
> Tobias Heider implemented G-IKEv2 [1], which should be fairly easy to port to IKEv2 as the messages are more the less the same.
> It has some a dependency on gnrc_pktbuf_merge [2], which has not yet included in RIOT (hopefully he will finish this soon).
> If you're interested I'm pretty sure that we can share the code with you.
>
> I had several students starting a RIOT port of ESP, but none finished it. I probably have to do it myself when time allows...
> I heard that Olaf Bergmann had a student who wanted to implement Diet-ESP [3], but I don't know a state of that. (obviously that would require an ESP port)
>
> Cheers
> Tobias
>
> [1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-yeung-g-ikev2-13
> [2] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/6487