[riot-devel] Message queue that is not bound to a reveiving thread

Gunar Schorcht gunar at schorcht.net
Thu Jul 12 13:34:50 CEST 2018

Hi Kaspar,

thanks a lot for your answer. Indeed mbox is providing some of my
requirements. I could have come to that by myself if I had looked more
carefully, especially because I already saw this mbox mechanism.

Limitations for my use case are:

- the queue length must be a power of two
- objects in put to the mbox have to be of type msg_t and cannot have
arbitrary item size
- there is no option to put messages in front of the queue or the last
written place

Maybe, I did not formulate my question precisely enough. I would like
to put copies of data items of arbitrary but fixed size in the queue.

Regards
Gunar