[riot-devel] (no subject)

Ken Bannister kb2ma at runbox.com
Mon May 7 06:44:07 CEST 2018

On 05/07/2018 02:41 AM, David Lyon wrote:

> On 2018-05-07 03:51, Mario Hoss wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> could you give more information on your setup? This is a rather broad
>> question.
>>
>> Which temperature sensor are you using on which board?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
> Forgive my popping in on the list with idea's but I'm following a lot
> of the Electronics and IoT subjects and projects on many forums.
>
> Actually this is a very common request.
>
> Last week I had a discussion with one of my Designers about how
> difficult it is to implement a solution for this problem in Arduino
> using "loop()".
>
> The abstraction is that the processor loops and then the User must
> insert some sort of time keeping mechanism into that and then it gets
> really complicated.
>
> We were discussing something like having :
>
> every(1,tsecond){
>
> v = read_sensor(temp_sensor);
>
> write_value_to_cloud(v);
>
>     }
>
> and the job would be done in my IoT Designer.

I agree that this is a common request. I created a demo for it with
RIOT. See the"Data collection app" link below for the RIOT side of the
demo code. The demo includes bootstrapping code, but see
"_run_sensor_loop" for the loop you're interested in. See pg 4-5 in
Slides for a photo and conceptual drawings.

It would be great to somehow use your IoT Designer to generate the code!
RIOT's SAUL API removes a lot of the board/sensor level complexity.

Ken

Data collection app
https://github.com/kb2ma/riot-data-collector

_run_sensor_loop()