[riot-devel] Porting RIOT to ESP8266

Gunar Schorcht gunar at schorcht.net
Thu May 10 15:01:26 CEST 2018

Hi Christiano,

I placed a PR on April, 11th which is still waiting for review. The
status of ESP8266 port at that time is described in the pull request.

	https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/pull/8921

I also extended the dockerfile for riotdocker and sent a PR to integrate
the toolchain. Once this PR is merged, murdock tests of ESP8266 should
also pass.

In the meantime, I implemented a WiFi based netdev on top of ESP-NOW so
that ESP8266 nodes can communicate using the GNRC network stack. Once,
the inital version of the port is merged, I will place a PR for that.

Regards
Gunar

On 10.05.2018 13:02, Cristiano Gavião wrote:
> Hi Gunar,
>
> may I ask you to tell us what is the current status ?
>
> thanks,
>
> Cristiano
>

> On 09/04/2018 18:38, Gunar Schorcht wrote:
>> Hi Martine,
>>
>> yes, I will provide a PR as soon as I had a chance to test it with an
>> external 802.15.4 module connected via SPI. Using the built-in WiFi
>> interface will be more tricky, maybe it will never be possible.
>>
>> But at the moment, I just wanted to make the code visible since some
>> guys where already asking for.
>>
>> Regards
>> Gunar
>>
>> On 07.04.2018 14:49, Martine Lenders wrote:
>>> Hi Gunar,
>>>
>>> Cool, do you think you can get it in a state where you can provide a PR?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Martine

>>> <mailto:gunar at schorcht.net>>:
>>>
>>>     Hello,
>>>
>>>     I just want to inform that I have commited a first working version of
>>>     the RIOT port to ESP8266 to my fork at
>>>
>>>     git at github.com:gschorcht/RIOT-Xtensa-ESP8266.git
>>>
>>>     Regards
>>>     Gunar
>>>
>>>     --
>>>     Wenn du laufen willst, lauf eine Meile. Wenn du ein neues Leben
>>>     kennenlernen willst, dann lauf Marathon. (Emil Zatopek)

Dr. Gunar Schorcht

Mission Level Design GmbH
Langewiesener Strasse 22
98693 Ilmenau

schorcht at mldesigner.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Lohmühlenweg 2
99310 Arnstadt

Amtsgericht Jena: HRB 111384
Geschäftsführung: Dipl.-Inf. Tino Jungebloud