[riot-devel] Transmission distance. Power profiler

Janna Om Janna_OM at hotmail.com
Mon May 28 13:13:17 CEST 2018

Hello,
i'm trying to reduce the transmission distance of iot-lab m3 sensor nodes.(The number of sensor nodes that can communicate directly with each other.)
I have used the solution proposed here https://github.com/iot-lab/iot-lab/wiki/Limit-nodes-connectivity. I could set the transmission power to -17dBm, but I couldn't find how to set the receiver sensitivity of the node. Is there a way in Riot to reduce the receiver sensitivity, or perhaps other ways to reduce the transmission range between the nodes?
[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/5746539?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/iot-lab/iot-lab/wiki/Limit-nodes-connectivity>

Limit nodes connectivity · iot-lab/iot-lab Wiki · GitHub<https://github.com/iot-lab/iot-lab/wiki/Limit-nodes-connectivity>
github.com
GitHub is where people build software. More than 27 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 80 million projects.

I would also like to measure the energy consumption of nodes while running my application. Does the Riot have an approach like Contiki's power profiler?
Many thanks in advance!

With kind regards,
Janna