[riot-devel] Transmission distance. Power profiler

Cenk Gündoğan mail+riot at gundogan.net
Tue May 29 08:26:52 CEST 2018

Hello Janna,

another approach (depending on your use case) to limit the number of
sensor nodes that can communicate with each other is to use a link-layer
black-/whitelisting. In RIOT, you can use the l2filter_whitelist, or
l2filter_blacklist module respectively for this.

When you compile these in, then you will get new shell commands to
interact with these lists. You can get a glimpse on the programmatic
usage e.g. here [1]; the doc here [2].

[1] https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/sys/shell/commands/sc_gnrc_netif.c#L943
[2] http://doc.riot-os.org/l2filter_8h.html

Cheers,