[riot-devel] Transmission distance. Power profiler

Gaëtan Harter gaetan.harter at fu-berlin.de
Tue May 29 15:44:25 CEST 2018

Hi Janna,

just in case, note that the examples you gave in the iot-lab wiki were
written for the iot-lab nodes port for Contiki.
So will not directly apply to RIOT for the macro names.

I understand that you can need both limiting power and increasing the
threshold when you want to have a lower connectivity with the hardware
deployment in IoT-LAB.

The "set_rssi_threshold" is currently not implemented in RIOT, but you
could easily do it yourself (and do a PR maybe :))

The code I wrote in openlab was this one

https://github.com/iot-lab/openlab/commit/e1b7709b45d0fc926a15864e75081fbdd66c98fa

https://github.com/iot-lab/openlab/commit/453b5205016cf508ee0bb1826f1a0cf31b13a096

And it could be adapted by using RIOT at86rf2xx API like:

https://github.com/RIOT-OS/RIOT/blob/master/drivers/at86rf2xx/at86rf2xx.c#L181-L183

 From looking in the other at86rfxx drivers datasheets the configuration
is the same but with different values for RSSI configuration

* at86rf231 page 103
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/doc8111.pdf

* at86rf212b page 120
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/Atmel-42002-MCU_Wireless-AT86RF212B_Datasheet.pdf

* at86rf233 page 113
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/Atmel-8351-MCU_Wireless-AT86RF233_Datasheet.pdf

So the threshold definitions should be enclosed in the header with `#if
MODULE_AT86RF231`.

Regards,

Gaëtan